So, what are the features of a "passion community" (ideas taken from the video):
- They solve problems collaboratively: The group is smarter than the individual.
- Learning happens on demand: In a game, progressive levels introduce you to the skills and language you need to succeed. You don't acquire knowledge in a vacuum and expect to apply it later.
- They are not age-graded. People of different ages can contribute and learn.
- The same teacher can mentor one time and be mentored at another time.
- The community sets high standards and provides honest feedback to help its members reach them.